Registered Nurses, Registered Practical Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants and Midwives.
The goal of this unique educational program is to provide a practical hands-on learning opportunity for health care professionals in the area of gynecological health.
The attendees will have the opportunity to begin to develop the clinical skill set necessary to perform breast and pelvic assessments.
As well, this introductory program will cover the current guidelines and sampling techniques used in screening, diagnosis, and follow-up of common gynecological conditions.
- Provide the learner with an overview of the normal gynecological anatomy.
- Review the current clinical guidelines for biologic and cytological screening for common gynecologic conditions.
- Provide the learner with an overview of sexually transmitted infections.
- Demonstrate the clinical approach to the assessment of the genital tract.
- Provide an opportunity for the learner to practice the speculum exam in a supervised educational setting with a gynecological teaching associate who uses their own body as a teaching tool.
- Demonstrate the clinical approach to the breast exam and teaching techniques for the breast self-examination (BSE) with a gynecological teaching associate who uses their own body as a teaching tool.
View the Brochure
(Click to register)