Chiropractors, Emergency Medicine Physicians, Family Physicians, Occupational Therapists, Physician Assistants, Physiatrists, Physiotherapists, Radiologists, Sports Medicine Physicians, Residents, Students, and all other Health Professions interested in upper extremity disorders.
The McMaster University Hand, Arm, Nerve (MacHANd) Group is an interdisciplinary team promoting excellence in education, clinical service, and research for hand and upper limb injuries, diseases, and disorders.
Program topics include: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Dupuytren’s Disease, Joint Hypermobility in the Upper Extremity, and Medical Cannabis in Pain Management.
By attending this activity, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the criteria for the referral of carpal tunnel syndrome or joint hypermobility to specialists.
- Recognize the pain and physical profiles of patients with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome.
- Describe treatment approaches for carpal tunnel syndrome, Dupuytren’s disease, and chronic oedema in the upper extremity.
- Describe how to authorize, administer, dose, and educate patients on medical cannabis.
- Describe how to assess nerve function in the upper extremity during a physical examination.
- Describe how to screen patients with upper extremity fractures for risk of subsequent falls and osteoporotic fractures.