Implementing Contemporary Acupuncture Techniques for Management of Headache and Craniofacial Pain
Health Care Professionals who integrate acupuncture in a musculoskeletal medicine practice such as Licensed Acupuncturists, Chiropractors, Naturopathic Doctors, Osteopaths, Physicians, Physiotherapists, Dentists, Podiatrists, and Registered Massage Therapists.
At the end of this learning activity the learners will be able to:
- Recognize common headache patterns and their clinical presentation.
- Distinguish factors between benign headache suited for conservative treatment and characteristics of ominous headache patterns that should be referred to a specialist.
- Identify basic clinical anatomy/neurophysiology of the temporomandibular joint (TMJ).
- Apply Physical and Contemporary Medical Acupuncture inputs to successfully modulate pain stemming from headache and TMJ dysfunction.
- Recognize the role of myofascial trigger points and their relevance to head pain.