In response to the rapid developments of COVID-19, McMaster University, CHSE has decided to cancel all in-person activities until June 30, 2020. We are monitoring the situation daily, and will provide updates as they become available. For further information please contact us.
Community and Academic Anesthesiologists, Family Physician Anesthesiologists, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists, Anesthesia Assistants and Residents.
Scientific Session Moderator, Nader Nader, MD, PhD and Conference Chair Matthew McFarling, MD, FRCPC invite Staff Anesthesiologists, Residents and Fellows to submit abstracts for posters to be presented at the 2020 CanAm Clinical Anesthesia Conference at Niagara Falls on May 2, 2020.
Plan now to have your poster included! The CanAm meeting attracts community and academic anesthesiologists from Ontario and the USA to Niagara Falls each year to share the most recent clinical advances in anesthesia and build cross-border networks. This year we will again be offering a poster session and competition. Both research-focused and clinical evidence-based posters are invited and prizes will be awarded to outstanding submissions.
New This Year! One submission from each of Staff, Resident, and Fellow-level posters will be invited to present/discuss the importance of their work in a 12 minute talk in the afternoon session.
1. Presenting author(s) or presenter(s) of accepted abstracts must register at the current registration rate to attend the CanAm Clinical Anesthesia Conference. Submission of an abstract does not automatically register you for the conference.
2. Abstracts may be of original research or encore (repeat) presentations of abstracts. ie. CanAm will accept abstracts that have been presented at other medical conferences.
3. Abstracts must be 900 words or less, with maximums as defined below. (Titles, author names, and affiliations are not included in that word count; also indicate if Staff, Resident, or Fellow).
- Purpose: 250 words
- Methods: 250 words
- Results: 300 words
- Conclusions: 100 words
4. List affiliations for all authors, such as universities and other institutions.
5. List names of all authors, in the order in which you wish them appear in printed text. One author listed must attend CanAm to present. No more than 10 authors should be listed.
6. List disclosures (financial and/or in-kind support). If none, state “Nothing to disclose by any author(s)”.
7. Do not use tables, charts, or graphs in your abstract submission (they can be included in the actual poster).
8. A maximum of six posters will be accepted from each sponsoring university.
9. The first author is responsible for communicating all of these policies to all involved parties.
Please submit abstracts online by April 3, 2020 for consideration.