In response to the rapid developments of COVID-19, McMaster University, CHSE has decided to cancel all in-person activities until June 30, 2020. We are monitoring the situation daily, and will provide updates as they become available. For further information please contact us.
Primary Care Practitioners, Family Physicians, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Psychologists, Pharmacists, Social Workers, Rehab Therapists, Specialists, Residents, Students, and other Health Care Professionals.
At the end of this learning activity the learners will be able to:
• Strengthen and develop assessment and diagnostic skills related to numerous mental health concerns throughout the lifespan.
• Formulate comprehensive treatment plans utilizing a variety of therapeutic strategies, including pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy.
• Become aware of the latest clinical practice guidelines specific to each mental health concern addressed during this educational event.
• Identify the mental health needs of specific patient populations and know how to best meet those needs.
• Be familiar with local, provincial and national resources, including online resources, specific to mental health concerns.
• Know when a referral for a specialty assessment or tertiary care should be made.
• Appreciate that the provisions of excellent mental health care requires a multidisciplinary effort, whenever possible.
• Learn how to assess for burnout in self and others, identify ways to minimize risk, and know where to access help.