Virtual CPD Conference
Join the discussion #RheumatologyCPD
- Family Physicians
- Family Medicine Residents
- Physician Assistants (and Physician Assistant trainees)
- All Primary Health / Other Health Care Providers
- Office Nurses
- Registered Nurses
- Nurse Practitioners
- Internists/Int Medicine
By the end of this conference, participants will be able to diagnose and implement appropriate management for common rheumatologic conditions. More specifically, participants will:
- Apply practical approaches, including vital clinical pearls, to common rheumatology presentations.
- Appropriately investigate, diagnose and manage common rheumatologic conditions.
- Discuss the general safety of rheumatic medications, including risks of infection and malignancy, and select appropriate vaccinations for rheumatology patients.
- Describe the safety and management of rheumatology drugs in pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Update their knowledge of conditions encountered in rheumatology.
McMaster University, Continuing Health Sciences Education Program (CHSE) is fully accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Continuing Medical Education (CACME) to provide CFPC Mainpro+ and RCPSC Maintenance of Certification (MOC) study credits for Continuing Medical Education.
This Group Learning program meets the certification criteria of The College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been certified by McMaster University Continuing Health Sciences Education Program for up to 5.5 Mainpro+ credits.
This activity is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and approved by McMaster University Continuing Health Sciences Education Program for up to 5.5 MOC Section 1 credits.
The American Medical Association: Through an agreement between The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and The American Medical Association, Physicians may convert Royal College MOC credits to AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Information on the process to convert Royal College MOC credit to AMA credit can be found at: www.ama-assn.org/go/internationalcme
Each healthcare provider should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.