Download the Canam 2021 VIRTUAL Abstract information flyer
Please submit abstracts online by April 2, 2021 for consideration.
Community & Academic Anesthesiologists, Family Physician Anesthesiologists, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists, Anesthesia Assistants & Residents.
By attending this activity, participants will be able to:
• Identify the triggers and rationale for development of Continuous Quality Improvement within the anesthetia department.
• Appreciate the real-world risks of contemporary anesthesia practice.
• Understand the evidence supporting multidimensional pre-operative optimization and the role of high-risk surgical encounter optimization clinics.
• Describe recent advances in pediatric anesthetic practice
• Recognize the role of, and training requirements for, point-of-care ultrasound, and develop an approach to in-practice learning.
• Identify green financial efficiencies in the perioperative domain; reducing waste while saving money.
• Appreciating the practice of front of neck access for airway management: reality and recommendations.
• Describe recent advances on obstetrical anesthesia practice
• Develop flexible thinking and situational awareness when faced with violence in the workplace – ie. An Active Shooter Scenario