Theme: Musculoskeletal Injuries in Special Populations(Athletes, Injured Workers, Musicians) The McMaster University Hand, Arm, Nerve (MacHANd) Group is an interdisciplinary team promoting excellence in education, clinical service, and research for hand and upper limb injuries, diseases, and disorders.
Chiropractors, Emergency Medicine Physicians, Family Physicians, Occupational Therapists, Physician Assistants, Physiatrists, Physiotherapists, Radiologists, Sports Medicine Physicians, Residents, Students, and all other Health Professions interested in upper extremity disorders.
At the end of this learning activity, the participants will be able to:
- Describe best practices for the prevention and management overuse injuries in athletes, musicians, and workers.
- Discuss the WSIB Program for injured workers with upper extremity injuries.
- Identify interventions for complex regional pain syndrome.
- Summarize how acupuncture can be used to treat acute musculoskeletal pain.
- Evaluate computer workstations virtually for ergonomic issues.
- Apply the use of self-report assessment tools for remote care.