Understanding Research Impact
Download the poster the poster for more information.
Visit the website and register: https://hslmcmaster.libguides.com/c.php?g=728052&p=5221431
The ability to critically evaluate the impact of a piece of research is a crucial skill in today’s global research landscape. McMaster Libraries offer a wide variety of tools that can help. Whether you are identifying key publications for a literature review, targeting high-impact journals for publication, or tracking the influence of your own research over time, this workshop will give you the skills and resources necessary for success.
- By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Discover high-impact research and track the developments of a subject area over time.
- Critically engage with a variety of research impact indicators (e.g. Journal Impact Factor, h-Index, Normalized Citation Count, Altmetrics).
- Evaluate your own research impact and identify benchmarks for continued success.
Target AudienceMcMaster Clinical Faculty and students.
Contact your Mac-CARE Coordinator for more information!
- Mac-CARE program administrator: Amanda Zimmerman, email@example.com
- Sadaf Ullah, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Niagara: Dr. Anjali Kundi, email@example.com
- Halton: Anna Dahdal, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Osler: Meghan McCauley-Brown, email@example.com
- Burlington: Sara Campbell, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grand Erie Six Nations: Shelley Friesen, email@example.com
- Waterloo: Dr. Jennifer Tran, firstname.lastname@example.org