Friday March 25
Wednesday April 6
Monday April 11
Monday April 25
Friday May 13
Friday May 27
Monday June 13
Monday June 27
Full Course and Part B registration options
**To be eligible for Part B, you must have paid and successfully completed Part A.
Full Course schedule 8:30am-4pm
Part B schedule 1pm-4pm
The goal of this unique educational program is to provide a practical hands-on learning opportunity for health care professionals in the area of gynecological health.
The attendees will have the opportunity to begin to develop the clinical skill set necessary to perform breast and pelvic assessments.
As well, this introductory program will cover the current guidelines and sampling techniques used in screening, diagnosis, and follow-up of common gynecological conditions.
- Provide the learner with an overview of the normal gynecological anatomy.
- Review the current clinical guidelines for biologic and cytological screening for common gynecologic conditions.
- Provide the learner with an overview of sexually transmitted infections.
- Demonstrate the clinical approach to the assessment of the genital tract.
- Provide an opportunity for the learner to practice the speculum exam in a supervised educational setting with a gynecological teaching associate who uses their own body as a teaching tool.
- Demonstrate the clinical approach to the breast exam and teaching techniques for the breast self-examination (BSE) with a gynecological teaching associate who uses their own body as a teaching tool.
Registered Nurses, Registered Practical Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants and Midwives.
$450.00 plus HST
The University reserves the right to cancel a course due to insufficient registration or any circumstances that are beyond our control. Cancellations up to 2 weeks prior to the course
(for the date registered) will be refunded minus a 20% administrative fee. One transfer is permitted with a $100.00 fee at time of transfer. No refunds will be issued for cancellations received less than 2 weeks from the course date.