Download the Care of the Elderly 2022 Virtual Brochure
Subscribe to our Care of the Elderly emails
Download the PDF presentations*
View the day video presentations*
*You will require the password provided in the email.
Family Physicians, Primary Care Nurses, Social Workers, Pharmacists, Students, Residents, Geriatricians, and Other Health Professionals.
At the end of this activity, the learners will be able to:
- Identify the appropriate use of medications for the management of challenging responsive behaviors in the elderly.
- Identify the management of common chronic illnesses in the elderly as their frailty increases.
- Describe the challenges of COVID long haulers and its management.
- Describe the challenges of managing palliative care in the community and institutionalized elderly.
- Describe an understanding of assessment of the elderly pertaining to their capacity and driving ability.
McMaster University, Continuing Professional Development Program (CPD) is fully accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Continuing Medical Education (CACME) to provide CFPC Mainpro+ and RCPSC Maintenance of Certification (MOC) study credits for Continuing Medical Education.
This one-credit-per-hour Group-Learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been certified by the McMaster University Continuing Professional Development Program for up to 5.75 Mainpro+ credits.
Each attendee should only claim the hours they attended.