Download the Psychiatry 2023 Virtual Brochure
Subscribe to our Psychiatry emails
💻 REGISTER ONLINE
Family Physicians, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Pharmacists, Physician Assistants, Psychologists, Registered Psychotherapists, Social Workers, Specialists, and Learners in Health Professions.
- Assess common mental health problems encountered in primary care, including in specific patient populations.
- Develop a comprehensive treatment plan using a biopsychosocial care model, which comprises a variety of therapeutic strategies, including pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy.
- Apply the latest clinical practice guidelines specific to the management of mental health concerns throughout the lifespan.
- Recognize how to initiate treatment and when to refer for a specialty or tertiary care assessment.
- Identify local, provincial and online resources specific to mental health concerns.
- Identify the risk of burnout in health care professions, and ways to minimize risk and access help.
- Raise awareness of implicit bias in mental health care.